Description: Elemi Essential Oil is a fragrant and versatile oil extracted from the resin of the Canarium luzonicum tree. The oil is obtained through steam distillation of the resin, resulting in a pale yellow to amber liquid with a distinct aroma. Elemi Essential Oil features a fresh, citrusy, and slightly spicy fragrance with woody and balsamic undertones. Its aroma is often likened to a blend of frankincense and lemon. This oil has been treasured for centuries for its potential therapeutic properties and its use in various cultural practices.
- Aroma: Elemi oil carries a unique aroma, blending fresh and uplifting citrus notes with warm and grounding woody tones.
- Skin Care: Elemi Essential Oil is often used in skincare products for its potential to support healthy-looking skin and promote a youthful appearance.
- Aromatherapy: The oil’s refreshing scent makes it a popular choice in aromatherapy for promoting relaxation, emotional balance, and a sense of tranquility.
- Respiratory Support: Elemi oil can be diffused to help create a soothing environment that supports clear breathing and respiratory well-being.
- Mind and Spirit: Its calming and grounding qualities make it valuable for meditation and promoting mental clarity.
- Middle Note: In perfumery, Elemi Essential Oil is typically considered a middle note, offering a harmonious bridge between top and base notes in fragrance compositions.
Botanical Name: Canarium luzonicum
Plant Part: Resin
Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
Odor and Appearance: Pale yellow and has a spicy, lemon-like aroma.
Country of origin: France
Main Constituents: Elemol, limonene, terpinolene, and alpha-pinene.
Common Uses: Commonly utilized in skincare products to potentially promote skin health, in aromatherapy to encourage relaxation and emotional balance, and in massage blends for soothing relief from muscular discomfort. Furthermore, it finds a place in natural perfumery to add depth and complexity to fragrance compositions.
Note: Middle note.
Blends well with: Bergamot, cedarwood, frankincense, lavender, and black pepper.
Contraindications: Discontinue use if skin sensitivity occurs. Avoid contact with eyes. Pregnant and nursing women should only use Elemi oil after consulting a physician. Essential oil experts generally advise against the use of Elemi oil by children. If you wish to administer it to a child, take extreme caution. Ensure you read the recommended dilution ratios. Elemi must never be used in its pure form on the skin, as it can cause skin irritation. Avoid getting it in contact with the eyes, nose, and other sensitive areas. Lastly, Elemi essential oil can be used in aromatherapy for dogs. However, it is advisable to consult a veterinarian before using it on any dog, and in particular, on a pregnant dog.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.*
For large quantities please contact us via our phone number or through the Contact Us page.
Like us on Facebook.