Description: Organic Spike Lavender, also known as lavandula latifolia, has a higher level of oxides and lower levels of alcohols, making it more effective for decongestant, expectorant and immune stimulant purposes. While it does share the antifungal, immunostimulant and anti-microbial properties of true lavender or lavandin, these properties will likely not be present to the same degree. Though most similar to true lavender, spike lavender is grown at low altitudes, which accounts for the strong camphor content. The aromas are camphorous, spicy and floral, the product a clear, colorless liquid with a fresh middle fragrance note. Spike lavender’s common uses are similar to those of true lavender, yet organic spike lavender tends to be more popular in in the fragrance and cosmetic industry and specifically in soap making.
Botanical Name: Lavandula latifolia
Plant Part: Flowers
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Odor and Appearance: A transparent, colorless to pale yellow liquid?with a characteristic, wild, camphoraceous odor.
Country of origin: Spain
Main Constituents: Linalol, 1.8 Cineole and Camphor.
Common Uses: Organic Lavender (Spike) Essential Oil has various common uses, including:
- Aromatherapy: It is often used in aromatherapy for its fresh and invigorating aroma, which can help reduce stress, anxiety, and mental fatigue when diffused or inhaled.
- Massage: When properly diluted with a carrier oil, Organic Lavender (Spike) oil can be used for massages to promote relaxation, relieve muscle tension, and soothe sore muscles.
- Skincare: It may be included in skincare products due to its potential benefits for addressing minor skin irritations and its refreshing scent.
- Bath Products: Adding a few drops of Organic Lavender (Spike) oil to a warm bath can provide a relaxing and aromatic bathing experience.
- Insect Repellent: The scent of Lavender (Spike) can help deter insects, making it a useful addition to homemade insect repellent blends.
- Room Fresheners: It can be used in room sprays and diffusers to freshen indoor spaces with its pleasant and uplifting aroma.
- Perfumery: Organic Lavender (Spike) Essential Oil is occasionally used as a middle note in perfumery to add a fresh and herbal element to fragrances, contributing to their complexity and endurance.
Note: Middle note.
Blends well with: Clove, Cinnamon, Oregano, Thyme, Cedarwood, Lavandin, Lemon, Bergamot, Orange, Rosewood, Lavender fine, Tea Tree, Frankincense, Sage, Rosemary, Myrrh, Sweet Marjoram and Patchouli.
Contraindications: Keep lavender essential oil away from eyes, inner ears and all mucous membranes. Those with sensitive skin may be at risk for irritation. Do not apply undiluted to skin until you know how you react. Heed dilution ratios until you can confirm your tolerance. If you are pregnant, or suspect that you might be, consult a physician before starting a course of aromatherapy. Young boys should avoid lavender oil, as it can possibly cause disruption to a boy’s normal hormonal balance. Discontinue use for at least two weeks prior to having surgery, as lavender is known to slow the CNS in combination with other drugs or anesthesia. Certain sedatives interact adversely with lavender, such as chloral hydrate, barbiturates and benzodiazepines. If you use any of these classes of drugs, avoid using lavender essential oil while you are taking them.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.*
For large quantities please contact us via our phone number or through the Contact Us page.
Like us on Facebook.