Description: Lime (Persian/ Tahiti) Oil is a small evergreen tree that produces small, sour fruit which is similar to Lemon. Lime Persian fruits are green in color with a fleshy interior. Lime essential oil is often diffused with a vaporizer to relieve stress, exhaustion, anxiety and depression. Its aromatic effect is uplifting to the mind and stimulating to the senses; improving memory, acuteness, and concentration. The vapors of lime oil can also be inhaled directly, in moderation, where they go directly to the brain to calm the nerves, rest the body, and induce peaceful sleep. Lime is known to inspire proper body functioning by toning up muscles, tissues, and the skin, as well as the respiratory, circulatory, nervous, digestive, excretory, and immune systems. The oil restores the health and strength of weak organs and systems throughout the body and is thus very beneficial to patients recovering from long bouts of illness or injury. When Lime (Persian/ Tahiti) Oil applied to muscles, tendons, and joints, lime oil also alleviates the inflammation and pain that results from applying too much pressure to these areas and, therefore, inhibits the development of complications like rheumatism and arthritis.
Botanical Name: Citrus latifolia Tanaka
Plant Part: Peel or Zest.
Extraction Method: Expressed
Odor and Appearance: A thin, clear, yellowish green to greenish brown liquid.
Country of origin: Brazil
Main Constituents: limonene, beta-pinene, gamma-terpinene, citral, and myrcene.
- Aromatherapy: Lime Expressed Essential Oil is widely used in aromatherapy for its uplifting and invigorating scent. Inhaling its citrusy aroma can help reduce stress, anxiety, and promote a sense of well-being and energy.
- Skincare: When properly diluted with a carrier oil, Lime Expressed Essential Oil can be applied topically to the skin. It is often used to address oily skin and acne due to its astringent and antibacterial properties. It may also help improve the appearance of blemishes.
- Cleaning: Lime oil’s natural antibacterial and antiseptic properties make it a valuable ingredient in homemade cleaning solutions. It can effectively disinfect surfaces and leave a fresh, clean scent.
- Room Freshener: Diffusing Lime Expressed Essential Oil can help freshen the air in your home, eliminate odors, and create a vibrant and revitalizing atmosphere.
- Culinary: Food-grade Lime Expressed Essential Oil is used as a flavoring agent in cooking and baking. It adds a zesty and tangy citrus flavor to a variety of dishes, marinades, desserts, and beverages.
- Beverages: Lime oil can be added to water, cocktails, teas, and other beverages to enhance their flavor. It provides a natural and refreshing citrus taste.
- Hair Care: Some individuals incorporate Lime Expressed Essential Oil into hair care products for its pleasant citrus scent and potential benefits for scalp health.
- Stress Relief: The bright and invigorating aroma of Lime oil is known to help reduce stress, uplift mood, and promote relaxation when used in aromatherapy or diffusion.
Note: Top note.
Blends well with: Lemon, Orange, Peppermint, Lavender.
Contraindications: Similar to other citrus oils, lime oil is considered safe for most skin types. It can also be safely inhaled or added to food in small amounts. However, experts strongly advise against using the oil recklessly. For instance, before applying to the skin, it’s important to do a patch test to ensure you’re not allergic to any of lime’s chemical ingredients. Lime essential oil is said to be non-toxic, but ingestion should only be done under the supervision of a physician, who will prescribe the proper dosage depending on your body and your condition. Lime oil can cause irritation to the eyes, the mucous membrane and sensitive skin. It should only be used when diluted with a favorable carrier oil, such as Jojoba or Coconut. Little is known about the effects of using lime oil during pregnancy and breastfeeding. You should, therefore, seek professional advice before making any habitual commitments.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.*
For large quantities please contact us via our phone number or through the Contact Us page.
Like us on Facebook.